9/07/2010

Jeju Island Day 2

Day 2 of Jeju Island is the one I will remember for as long as I have left on this earth. After seeing some of the photos and video I think you will understand why this is so.

The day started with Alison and I getting up relatively late and still sore from yesterday. We decided a day on the beach would fix this problem and wake our bodies up. Armed with nothing more than a towel and sunscreen we caught a taxi and headed to the nearest beach. Prior to this I had never swam in the Pacific before so I knew not what to expect of the water and sand.
The first sight of the Pacific. It's going to be a good day 
I was kicking myself that I didn't book a room at that hotel
Where we walked down
The water was slightly cold but crystal, and I mean crystal, clear
Me for most of the day
So we stayed at this paradise until we could not stand the heat anymore. I had done a little research prior to going to this island and though digging deep, asking some of the locals and pure hunting I had heard of a little spot off the beaten path. We took our top secret directions and finally found the place.


Words can not describe this place. Ice cold blue water, three waterfalls and very few people there. This is the place that wombs legends. I have no more words to describe this place or the feeling it gave me. 



We bathed under those waterfalls
Perfect
Alison
Me
Breathtaking
We stayed there for god knows how long. Time seemed to have no meaning at this place. When there was not a single ray of sun left in the sky we decided it was time to go. Even writing this brings back a ghost of the memory gained by this place and leaves me.....speechless. We went back to our hostel and slept well that night knowing but not fully understanding what we had experienced this day. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment